ABOUT THE INTERNET
If you have access to the Internet, BE CAREFUL!!!!
The Internet contains a wealth of information, but is essentially unregulated. Accurate information about cancer may be found side-by-side with faith healers, naturopaths, herbalists, and a whole host of unproven and untested treatments.
Here are some Internet sites with reliable, evidence-based information and recommendations:
1. American Cancer Society - cancer.org
2. Cancer Net (National Cancer Institute) - cancer.gov
3. Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation - komen.org
4. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - leukemia-lymphoma.org
5. ASCO Online (American Society of Clinical Oncology) - cancer.net
6. Prostate Cancer Foundation: - pcf.org
7. National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) - nccn.com
8. International Myeloma Foundation - myeloma.org
9. American Lung Association - lungusa.org
10. Kidney Cancer Assosciation - kidneycancer.org
11. National Ovarian Cancer Coalition - ovarian.org